Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I can't solder miniature connectors anymore...any tricks?

On 2014-05-19, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

Just as using wireless keyboards and mice is a bad idea where
more than one computer is in use. (I'm sort of considering a wireless
trackball on this computer, but I can't let my wife have on at the same
time. Were sitting about eight feet apart, and the computers are closer
to each other. :-)

I have two computers on, about six inches apart, and wireless mice on
both. This computer has a wireless keyboard, but I haven't bought one
for the other system.

These are computers *made* for wireless keyboaards and mice, I
suspect. Mine are not. So the question is whether the plug-in USB
wireless interface can be configured to talk to one trackball and ignore
the other. And if it can be so configured without running a Windows
program, since I don't run Windows and most of my machines could *not*
run it. (No Windows for UltraSPARC CPUs. :-)

No. each has the tiny USB transceiver to talk to the mice and
keyboards. I've had as many as four of them running within six feet of
each other at the same time.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

---