Posted to sci.electronics.repair
BEN BEN is offline

Default Bose Wave Radio loud AC hum

responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...-hum-9955-.htm ,
BEN wrote:
flyer44er wrote:

My 1994 Bose Wave Radio has a VERY loud AC hum from the speakers, no
other sound. All displays are fine; display will show stations tuned
to, but no signal comes through. I checked the main filter capacitor
(10,000 mfd, 10V) and it seems to be OK.

Help!

Also, Where can I get a schematic of this radio?

I am really surprised A BOSE radio is supposed to be top quality. I do not
think that BOSE corp will give you a diagram . I have worked on radios. The
older ones that used discrete components and could be restored.
I do not think the bose is repairable at the component level. bose will
probably sell you the innards. modern solid state radios are not easily
repaired or diagnostic tests done on them . mainly because they use special
integrated circuits.
I would contact BOSE and see if they will replace the innerds.. or
the entire radio.

To trouble shoot that set you would need the equipment to signal trace the
circuit on your set... if the power supply went bad and applied the wrong
voltage to the integrated circuits are probably shot..
GoodLuck
ben