Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

Default LN40A530 Samsung LCD TV long to start...Capacitor issue ?

"John-Del" wrote in message

"mike" wrote in message

On 6/9/2014 11:34 PM, wrote:

On Sunday, July 31, 2011 7:22:29 PM UTC-7, benitos wrote:

Hi ,

I have a LCD Samsung LN40A530 LCD TV that seems to have a capacitor

issue.

It takes 10 minutes to start.It`s getting worst with time.

I had checked all capacitors on the power supply board and they are

reading all good (value/ESR).

I even changed them and samething.

I have the service manual but there is no schematic and I don`t want

On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 7:12:43 AM UTC-4, Mark Zacharias wrote:
People over-do the bad cap thing - but this one is easy.

Yes, it's the caps. Replace any that appear bulged at the top. The rest
are

probably OK for the next several years at least.

This thread is 3 years old, but I'll bet the problem was not the power
supply. I have had to rebuild dozens of Samsung main boards to solve this
problem (and no, it's not caps).

The easy way to identify this is to remove the main, pre-heat it away from
the TV with a heat gun or hair dryer, then reinstall. If it starts
immediately, the main is the problem.

Authorized Samsung servicer. The exact symptom given is well-known.

It was the caps, I've no doubt.

"rebuilding the main board" - I doubt it.