Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Arkansas home was struck by an errant 155mm artillery round

Oren wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 12:50:11 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

This article says it hit 500 feet from the house.
http://swtimes.com/news/national-gua...no-one-injured

Aw. According to that it _was_ a live fire exercise, so they were not
using a "practice" round. It says they found no "crater" upon
investigation; which makes me think it was an air burst explosion. I
forget what the radius on shrapnel is on a 155 mm round.

Your link does say the military will pay for damage, when another one
(not the link I posted) said they "may not".

I guess when the home owner sells his house he will need to disclose
the home was hit by artillery

Hi,
Not hit, showered. It makes sense if the house was hit, it'd have been
totaled.