Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default Arkansas home was struck by an errant 155mm artillery round

On 06/11/2014 10:28 AM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 12:50:11 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

This article says it hit 500 feet from the house.
http://swtimes.com/news/national-gua...no-one-injured

Aw. According to that it _was_ a live fire exercise, so they were not
using a "practice" round. It says they found no "crater" upon
investigation; which makes me think it was an air burst explosion. I
forget what the radius on shrapnel is on a 155 mm round.

Your link does say the military will pay for damage, when another one
(not the link I posted) said they "may not".

I guess when the home owner sells his house he will need to disclose
the home was hit by artillery

Artillery, ho hum. Just so long is it wasn't S-Q-U-I-R-R-E-L-S.