Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OT The Vulcan Bomber

Having seen it, I'm not going to worry about finding ways to install
the latest flashplayer in win2k. Having just written this, it's just
occurred to me to fire up the testbed install of Mint15 and check it
out there.

Using the default FF browser (haven't gotten round to ditching that
bit of rubbish in favour of Opera just yet),

What's wrong with it?..

I've been able to play
the video. The youtube one _is_ a low res version (240p) of this one
which appears, at a guess (unable to determine the resolution settings
actually used) to be SD, probably 576 x 704.

Interestingly, the version of Flash seems to be 11.xx.xx so I'm
surprised I couln't get it to play in win2k (perhaps it's the java
that's not up to snuff - there's a sizable chunk of java script
embedded in that 'video' to make it a "Man for all seasons" affair to
cover everything from smart TV playabck to smartphone playback - pity
they didn't consider win2k playback).

I know we've had this issue re WIN2K before but do you really think that
people should worry re compatibility with a system that should have been
retired now a while ago?.

Even I've scrapped our Win 2 K machines with some regret but it all
moves on.

Played here fine on a WIN 7 machine thanks...
--
Tony Sayer