Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default HF compressor troubleshooting and repair

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 21:32:04 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I've got a 3 gal pancake compressor that rides
with me in the van. Today I put on a tire that
I'd bought at garage sale, and got the compressor
out to air it up. The compressor normally goes
up to 100 PSI and shuts off, today it runs up
to 20 PSI.

So, I take the cover apart, and take the cylinder
head off. Put in some new 10w30 oil, to relubricate
the permanant lube bronze bushing. Well, we're up
to 60 PSI, and I can reinflate the tire.

After a couple phone calls to friends, I finally
find the problem which is.....

how many others had the same thing?

Neighbor had the same thing happen to his HF unit. He tinkered with it
awhile, but gave up and sold it in a yard sale.