Posted to rec.woodworking
Limey Lurker Limey Lurker is offline

Default TOT Motor power

On Monday, 9 June 2014 11:51:15 UTC+1, Limey Lurker wrote:
Gents,

I have the job of converting a mobile ice-cream machine in a van ;(my daughter's), the machine presently being driven by the van's engine, to also be able to run instead on 230v AC when in sensitive or confined places (such as at Food Fairs, Farmers' Markets etc.)

The job is pretty straightforward; I know the required speed, there is adequate space for the motor, I only need to add a Fenner Taper-Lock pulley to the original drive shaft and a belt to the motor and any necessary switch gear.

The only thing I need to know is the motor power required. The van engine (an old Perkins)

runs at idle and, with its universal governor, just sags a bit when the ice-cream machine clutch is engaged.

Is there anyone in this great pool of knowledge that can help, please? Perhaps you have owned an electric ice-cream machine, or repaired one, or know someone who owns one who would let you look at the motor plate. I would be immensely grateful for any information; she put her redundancy money into this and I want her to be able to earn a living from it.

TIA!

Thanks for the replies, gents, but, as I said in the OP, I know the speed already; it's
the power that I need to supply that I don't know!