Passerby

Default Chuck pointers for JET mini...

Check the Grizzly catalog. They have great prices on Jacobs chucks. STAY
AWAY FROM "EXPANDABLE COLLET CHUCK"!!! It SUCKS BIG TIME!!!

"Silvan" wrote in message
I think I'm going to need a chuck before I need anything else, and there's
still time to get it added to Santa's list. I know diddly squat about
chucks, so I could use some simple "buy this one from here" advice.

I'm expecting to try my hand at doing a chess set for one thing, and I'll

be
making myriad small parts for wooden steam locomotives. These are the
things I had in mind when I decided to get a lathe, though I'm sure I will
come up with other uses for it once I get it set up.

I'd appreciate it if someone would steer me toward the kind of stuff I

need
to be looking at for this kind of work. Money is not abundant, and I'd
prefer to avoid buying anything regretable this early on.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/