Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Weak transmission on a Cat T150D 15k forklift

On 6/10/2014 4:50 PM, Ignoramus32376 wrote:
I have two cat t150d forklifts. one is great, another is not so great,
it has a weak transmission. with a load on the forks, this forklift
cannot go over relatively minor obstacles. What could be a typical
troubleshooting procedure for this, what sorts of things typiucally go
wrong. thanks a lot

I presume the 2sp auto? If so, they're basically like an automotive
auto tran; the primary thing that causes the symptom is seals are kaput.

Outside chance if you haven't the filter could be clogged or a crimped
line or low on fluid but I'd presume you've already checked for those
obvious faults.