Leo Lichtman

Default Chuck pointers for JET mini...

Silvan wrote: I think I'm going to need a chuck before I need anything
else, and there's still time to get it added to Santa's list (clip)Money is
not abundant, and I'd prefer to avoid buying anything regretable this early
on
You are going to get lots of good advice on what is the best chuck, but my
advice is to wait. You can turn chessmen without a chuck, with a faceplate
and a bottle of CA glue. After the lathe is bought, and the money is spent,
you will probably discover that you need additonal tools, and supplies, and
who-knows-what-else. And, if it really turns out that a chuck is important,
by then you will have more experience, and your decisions will be better
made. And even a chuck calls in additional expenses--they have various
sizes and styles of jaws, so there is no end to it.