Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default OT The Vulcan Bomber

The trend a while back of "From your experence give
an example of ...", totaly floors me as I just can't pull things out
of memory like that.

ITYM "competency based" recruitment; and if so you have my sympathy. I
had to use it for external recruitment c.10 years ago. Bloody useless
when I needed some very specific skills (plus a professional law or
accountancy qualification) which couldn't be tested that way. Luckily I
managed to finesse the point by screening applicants using written tests
(administered by an external recuitment agency) else I fear HR would
have pushed me to take people who told good anecdotes when I needed Miss
Marple-like bacon-slicer minds. The most shocking thing was that I had
to fight to get objective, written tests accepted as valid for
competency based recruitment.

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid