Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for someone to make me some parts...

On Monday, June 9, 2014 6:45:14 PM UTC-7, Jim Wilkins wrote:

. 3.70...

Ned Simmons fired this volley in

:

They're not conceptually complicated machines, but not something

thrown together from off-the-shelf parts, either.

Commercial ones. But the implication was that he built this

himself, not

very precisely.

Unless he has a foundry out back, likely he used stock parts.

He also made obeisance to the OP of the fact that it wasn't very

precise,

just "smooth".

You did read all that, right? Your comment was in that context?

Lloyd

I couldn't tell how precise it is. He showed me his projects after I

asked for help with parts for my homebrew hydraulic bucket loader. The

guy is well regarded and very busy during snowplowing and construction

seasons.

Why do you have to belittle the accomplishments you haven't seen of

people you don't know?

-jsw

Loud stopped learning a long time ago. This is especially true when it comes to CAD where he can't grasp the need for solid modeling.