Ruth

Default Qs: Economy Chuck/ Turning for Kids

Cal,

If you're going to spend $100 on a cheap chuck, I'd feel better (and
it's not my daughter!) if you got a reputable chuck; a good one. If it
costs more money, leave out a few stocking stuffers. I'm not saying
the one you're asking about isn't good, I am not familiar with it, but
this accessory is going to hold that chunk of wood from flying and it's
a very important accessory.

As to projects for kids, there are a lot of fun things in Raffan's
Turning Projects. However, if she's old enough to start turning,
what's wrong with pens (like DJ's daughter, Rebecca), or bowls or
mushrooms (tops, of course), and just about anything small that we all
turn.

I just love it when young kids get interested in turning. They are a
joy to teach because they do not pretend to know it all already.......at
least not until they turn 13!

Have fun playing along with your daughter!

Ruth

Woodturners Logo
My shop and Turnings at
http://www.torne-lignum.com