Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for someone to make me some parts...

.70...
"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in
@dont-email.me:

That thing was big enough to hone artillery barrels.

So? You don't 'build' such a simple machine, you buy off-the-shelf
parts
and just 'install' them.

I know from 'simple'. I try to make all my machines that way.

He was just braggin' because it was BIG, but not such a big deal.

Lloyd

That's relative to your experience, skill and equipment. Long straight
ways are still a challenge to make and test, otherwise we'd be
reconditioning more old worn machinery. Thomson Rod doesn't easily
correct a misaligned frame.

Besides, I'm not hostile to people who try to help. He sold me the
control valve I needed for my bucket loader cheap. I just had to make
an adjustable pressure relief for it.