Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default Speaker Stops After Time?

"dave" wrote in message
m...

On 06/09/2014 07:42 AM, KenO wrote:
The left channel of my Magnavox AZ9340 Portable Mini System stops working
after I use it for certain amount of time (also have noticed that the time
until it cuts out is getting shorter).

If I turn the system off for a few hours the left channel will work when
it is turned on again.

At first thought it could be the amp or power switch but after switching
speakers determined it was the left speaker.

Have never tested/repaired an audio speaker, appreciate any tips or
suggestions.

Thanks

Ken

It's a component overheating. Expose the circuit and touch each
component with a cool Qtip that has been dipped in alcohol (not
dripping, just evaporating). The overheating component should reveal
itself. Remove and replace.

A passive speaker does not contain a component.

The OP is asking how to repair a broken speaker.

Gareth.