Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default reconstitute PVC cement

Has any modern day alchemists tried and succeeded to reconstitute PVC
cement which got wet.

If your cement is wet or gelled, it would be best to throw it out and buy
fresh cement. Do you really want to risk a faulty plumbing connection over
a few dollars for new cement?

Since PVC tends to gel once it has been opened, I prefer to buy the
smallest cans I can find. That way I can use what I need on that project
and throw the remainder of the can away. Then I'll have a fresh new can for
the next project.

The only time I buy larger cans is when I have a major project like
plumbing an entire house. Basically when I know I'm going to use more than
one of the smaller cans.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com