Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Dual water heaters - can I disable one?

On Monday, June 9, 2014 1:57:58 AM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Wed, 4 Jun 2014 09:07:20 -0700 (PDT), bob haller wrote:

it might be more cost efficent to heavily insulate both water heaters. with electric water heaters it easy to add a water heater blanket

The outer surfaces of the water heaters aren't noticeably warm, so I think

(lack of) insulation isn't an issue in this case. Thanks for the suggestion

though.

The outside of a house isn't warm to the touch either, but insulation
is still important. How much difference adding insulation might make,
IDK, but I don't necessarily think the warm to the touch test means that
more insulation won't make a difference. And insulation for an
electric will be more effective because there is no flue up the middle
and you can put insulation on top too.