Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default OT The Vulcan Bomber

In article m,
dennis@home wrote:
On 09/06/2014 06:51, Jabba wrote:

It cost over a £1million for every bomb that hit the runway, when the
fleet had the same bombs available for their aircraft, which were
several thousand miles closer to the target. The operation was
performed to wind up the RN, in an attempt to prove that aircraft
carriers have no use. Looks like they won as we don't have any carriers
now and all the aircraft the navy used have been scrapped.

They are building some proper aircraft carriers ATM, not the tidily
helicopter carriers we have just scrapped.

They were small, but they were equipped with Sea Harriers.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18