Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default reconstitute PVC cement

On Sun, 8 Jun 2014 14:27:49 -0700 (PDT), Deodiaus
wrote:

Has any modern day alchemists tried and succeeded to reconstitute PVC cement which got wet. THis is probably hard as it involves a complex chemical reaction with water which might be very difficult to drive backwards.
But then, I am sure that I am not the only one who has had this happen.

Once it has lost key components, it is not a matter of just adding
something back in. Many products, once cure, are not reversible. Toss
it and you can be sure with fresh cement you will have proper joints
too!