Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT The Vulcan Bomber

On 9 Jun 2014 07:03:29 GMT, Huge wrote:

we get rather spoiled.

Not sure I'd like that much noise. We get fast jets through here
close enough to see the pilots at times. They are loud but up, past
and gone in less than a minuet. Chinooks just make the windows
rattle, Black Hawks nervous, having no real requirement to be
streamlined, they just look like the killing machines they are.

Last week sitting in the garden it was the Red Arrows in full

display
mode,

We saw them last week on holiday over Falmouth. Doubly good because we
didn't know it was on. Never seen them do a display live, before. Dead
good, it was.

Meh, it's OK I guess, the skill required is certainly not to be
belittled but I'd like to seem 'em do it pushing the envelope of
Typhoons or Tornados. Trouble is finding somewhere to do it or
keeping sub-sonic. Look at the fuss that is made when an interceptor
Typhoon is given permission to go super-sonic over land. B-)

Few years back three fighter jets had a dog fight over this area, now
that was something to watch and listen to, didn't go super-sonic but
flat out vertical climbs aren't quiet.

--
Cheers
Dave.