Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default OT The Vulcan Bomber

Lobster wrote:

When I was a kid, in the
late 60s me and my Dad were regulars at the annual RAF Finningley air
display, and one of the highlights was the 'Vulcan scramble', when they'd
all take off as if there'd been a 4-minute warning of nuclear attack.
Unbelievable noise; smoke everywhere and the ground shaking beneath your
feet.

I went to one of those displays, and yes, it was something you
would never forget.

The Lightning doing a low pass and rapid climb was another
highlight.

I have been inside the Vulcan at Newark, and certainly wouldn't
fancy 16 hours travelling backwards in those cramped conditions.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.