Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Dual water heaters - can I disable one?

On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 17:39:25 -0400, micky wrote:

On Wed, 4 Jun 2014 16:42:16 +0200, nestork
wrote:

Jim:
It's actually a good idea to have two water heaters plumbed in series.

All that follows is true about in parallel too, right?

Based on what follows, I'm sure he meant to say parallel.

That way, if and when one water heater kicks the bucket, you can simply
switch over to the other water heater while the first one is being
replaced.

Also, you can use that second water heater while doing maintenance on
the first heater, like replacing the anode in it. That way you're not
in a situation where you go without hot water unless and until you can
replace the anode.