Posted to alt.home.repair
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Soft toilet seat.

"micky" wrote in message
On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 17:30:05 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 08:23:58 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 23:15:15 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

This is why I like to rent! Sure you don't get a lot of options
but
you also don't have to fix anything. And unless I win the lottery
or
something, I'll never have my dream home. I just have to keep the
one I
have from falling apart.

I've never rented. Bought my first house when I was 20 and single,
got
married a few months later. If you rent, you still pay for repairs
as
part of the rent, but have no choice in anything. My house is the
way I
want it and all good quality fixtures and appliances. The house is
paid
for so I'm living cheaper with only taxes and insurance. Makes
retirement
easier when I finally decide to.

Yes, you do but all you have to do is call the landlord. And if you
have a
good one, he or she will take care of it.

I know plenty of landlords and people that rant. In my bathroom, we
wanted Kohler faucets, brushed nickel. They are smooth operating and
should last a lifetime. At the plumbing supply they were $253.

We were at Lowe's last week and they had a faucet set for $69. They
felt like crap when you turned the handle. Guess which one a landlord
would buy?

Hi,
Smart landlord will buy the good one, El Cheapo, Scrooge land lord will
buy that crap.

I always use cheap faucets. As long as they're metal.
Simple mechanisms.
Never have trouble with them. Only buy 2-handle lever type.
Except for the laundry tub, which are knob type.
My wife has the say on "style." She's always found one she likes dirt
cheap. $69 is high end.
YMMV.

I had a one handle faucet on my kitchen sink I forget the brand but
it's famous. They advertise a lot, washerless faucet (but they fail to
mention it has other rubber parts that need replacing probably more
often than washers do.)

It was dripping. Replacing parts didnt' help. Called them. They sent
me a whole new set of replacement parts. Didnt' help.

Looked at other faucets. Didn't like the looks of any except the brand
I had, and I didn't want to buy another one of those.

Walking from Home Depot to Walmart. Found a faucet just like mine in
the grassy area next to the road, but grass was tall and couldn't be
seen from a car. Took it home. It looked good, but had a place for a
hose and sprayer, that was missing. Next day, weent back to the grassy
area. Got the hose and sprayer. out of the grass. Same brand as I
what I had that was dripping. Installed in the sink. 5 years ago. No
dripping yet. Works fine.

Ha!