Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default what happens to leftover concrete?

On Sun, 08 Jun 2014 16:18:25 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 7 Jun 2014 12:15:55 -0700 (PDT),

wrote:

On Saturday, February 18, 2012 8:59:17 AM UTC-8, rangerssuck wrote:
I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -

what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I

suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it

doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get used

for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?

I could use it where can i contact someone for the cement?

They often pour big concrete blocks with the leftovers that are used
as "guard blocks" at onstruction sites etc.

Oh, interesting thought. I see that there is a barrier-style concrete
form shop half a block away from one of the local cement companies.
I'll bet they do that with their strays, too.

--
It is characteristic of all deep human problems that they are
not to be approached without some humor and some bewilderment.