Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT The Vulcan Bomber

"charles" wrote in message
In article , ARW
wrote:
"David P" wrote in message
o.uk...
On Sun, 08 Jun 2014 19:08:21 +0100, ARW wrote:

Today I was working at Finningley the home of this

http://www.vulcantothesky.org/ Awesome - but totally OT.

many years ago I worked in Pontefract and the Vulcan's used to come in
low over the town using the bus staion as a marker. Then they puled
the stick back and pushed the throttle hard forward for a near vertical
climb.

I still get the shivers down my spine just thinking about them -
fabulous planes.

Wasn't their last active flying to the Falklands or have I
misremembered that?

It was one of their missions - and they totally failed in that one other
than for moral purposes:-(

not quite true. Read the wiki page on "Operation Black Buck"

wiki is as reliable as harry

--
Adam