Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
john B. john B. is offline

Default Ignition coil question

On Sat, 07 Jun 2014 05:21:22 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 21:08:02 -0400, Steve Walker
wrote:

On 6/4/2014 9:15 PM, wrote:
My son asked me and I didn't know the answer so I thought I'd pose it
here. His bike has two ignition coils. The coils are not the same,
they are from different years of manufacture for different models of
motorcycle. The timing is not the same for each cylinder, but should
be the same.

No, it shouldn't. Very few bikes fired both cylinders at the same time.
How many cylinders, what type of bike, what year?

IRRC..my BMW R90/6 fires both at the same time..using 2 different
coils

So did old time Harley, :-) And BSA vertical twins too, if I
recollect.

"Libertarianism IS fascism... Fascism is corporate government – a Libertarian’s wet dream"
Tala Brandeis
Owner at Tala Brandeis Associates"

Gee, with the above qualifications there could also be all sort of
"Coyote Quotes" attributed to "the Owner of Coyote Engineering".

Think of it. Fame!
--
Cheers,

Jphn B.