Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus23752 Ignoramus23752 is offline

Default Controlling heating elements in a heat tunnel

On 2014-06-07, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
I need to build a method of heating part of a plastic handle, kinda'
like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Better-Brush-U.../dp/B006GP591I

I need to bend it 20 degrees at the neck. I have a few heating elements
from water heaters or I'll buy the best candidate, whatever I can
control. Or, I'd buy the hole kit-n-ca-bootle off the shelf. Any
suggestions?

I would use a stream of hot water. This is probably your cheapest
solution and something that is safe and has no fire or environmental
concerns. You would obviously recirculate the water.