Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,alt.hvac
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default AC checkout/tune up $89 a good deal?

HomeGuy wrote:
trader_4 wrote:

One of the big HVAC companies in the area has a coupon
where you get an AC checkout, cleaning, etc for $89, including
2lbs of free refrigerant (not necessairly freon so Stormin

In the 15 years that I've owned this house, I've paid not one dime to
anyone to perform any service on the (now) 39-year-old furnace or the (I
think) 18-year-old A/C unit, and same goes for gas water heater, gas
dryer or washing machine (both of those also being 15 years old).

Have just turned on the A/C unit the first time this season a few days
ago. Works fine.

Turned off gas to the furnace pilot light just recently too (it's been a
cold spring).

Hmm
I never turned off pilot when I lived in Scarboro. Moisture concern.
Even out here in Calgary I keep pilots on. Only pilots are in the
fire places. That 39 year old fura/c tune up costs 160.00, recharging
the system properly; evacuate refrigerant Puron and weigh and recharging
is 260.00 from a releiable service guy.