nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

I have the installation program for ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 on a USB drive.

This web page says that ImgBurn will both Create and Resto
Comparison of disc image software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can I use this ImgBurn program to create an image of my hard disk so that if and when I need to clobber a virus by reformatting my hard drive and reloading XP, IE6 and my bookmarks, I can just write the image file over my existing hard drive contents? Will the imaging program do that or do I have to do that myself somehow?

Can I use CD's or does it have to be an "optical" disk? (I understand "optical" disk means a DVD disk.) Can I use a USB drive?

Does it make sense to store the image of my hard drive when it's as clean as a whistle ON THAT SAME HARD DRIVE, or in a completely separate location, such as a CD or USB drive?

What I'm thinking is that if I create image disks of my business computer and my surfing computer, as long as I keep them separate and only use them in their corresponding computer, there still won't be any way from a virus to get from one computer to the other.

Last edited by nestork : June 6th 14 at 01:41 AM