nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren[_2_] View Post
An ISO image would be a solution, I agree. I don't think Nestor has
tried that yet.
I haven't tried it because I don't know how to try it.

But, he11, in the final analysis I'd ideally like to have access to the installation program itself so I have the flexibility to install the software where and when I want.

I'm thinking that if I image my hard drive, then I'll lose all that software if something expensive goes wrong with my computer so that I end up having to buy a new computer. I'm presuming the image of the hard disk on one computer can't be pasted onto a different hard drive in a different computer, can it?

My surfing computer has an 80 GB hard drive, and right now with all the junk I've been downloading recently, I'm using 5.32 GB, so I've got plenty of room for images of that software in the remaining 75 GB of unused space.

Is there a good Freeware ISO hard drive imaging program available anywhere?

Mayayana:

I can download the .EXE program from the company's web site, but the problem is that it literally takes about 12 hours for it to install the installation program onto my computer using my dial-up connection, and the one time I tried doing that, the connection to my ISP crapped out and I lost everything I had gotten done until then. But, this is the first time I've had that problem. Normally, you just download a .ZIP file, unzip it and there's a GlarySoft Icon that you click on to install the program.

If you can figure out a way to wrestle the installation program out of that GlarySoft Icon, I'd be very interested.

Last edited by nestork : June 6th 14 at 12:46 AM