Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default Riding ZTR recommendations

SteveB wrote:

I'd like a small ztr mower. What would be a good one, not a wimpy toy,
but not a high priced monster. Saw one today, a Walker, I think, that
was about the right size. Are the Toro, or similar smaller ones made
well, or will they be worn out in two years?

I suspect there isn't a lot of difference between any of the ~$3K range
ZT mowers, and likely many are made in the same factory and just painted
and branded differently. Certainly there is a difference between the $3K
units and the SCAG and whatnot units 3X the price. For residential use
the $3K units seem to be fine, I recently used a Toro branded one and it
performed fine.