sadoldhag sadoldhag is offline
Junior Member

Default door swing prevention

I'm trying to find something that will allow me to have my upvc back door ajar without swinging and banging in the breeze. I have found lots of door stops that will hold the door far too wide open, and stays that only work if the base of the door is level with the floor/ground, but I have a 6" step down to the concrete outside, so the base of the door is nearly 9" from anything solid.

I've covered about 15 pages of google this afternoon, and not seen anything apart from a utube video of something a chap had fashioned out of rigid foam that hooks over door and frame. That would be something to market! Any entrepreneurs out there?

I have tried a bungee looped around the door handle and a table leg coupled with a shoe wedged in the gap, but I was hoping to find something slightly more elegant. Any suggestions much appreciated. Regret that I am not much of a diy-er any more.