Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default Fake cold air return

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Wed, 4 Jun 2014 14:08:38 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Discovered today with standard AC check that the house we recently purchased has fake cold air returns. Vents are there (high on walls) but at floor level they are sealed shut with wood. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if inspection/old owners should have discovered/disclosed information. Essentially, the second floor of our house has no AC. No issue with first floor/basement.
Thanks

You don't make a lot of sense. You say the vents are high on the
wall, yet blocked at the floor. Return vents are never high on the
wall. I have to wonder if you know what you are looking at or just
doing a poor job of explaining.

Return vents are often ceiling mounted here in southern climates. Low
placed returns are a northern basement thing.