Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fake cold air return

On 6/4/2014 5:08 PM, wrote:
Discovered today with standard AC check that

the house we recently purchased has fake cold air
returns. Vents are there (high on walls) but at
floor level they are sealed shut with wood.
Wondering if this has happened to anyone else
and if inspection/old owners should have discovered/
disclosed information. Essentially, the second floor
of our house has no AC. No issue with first floor/
basement.
Thanks

I found some thing similar with a cold air return
in the floor of a house. The furnace didn't heat
the house, and kept shutting down. Took me a while
to figure out why. Someone floored over the return,
and took the grille out. Those RA grilles are
expensive. No idea why someone did that.

--
..
Christopher A. Young