Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Do in-duct booster fans work

On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 14:04:06 -0400, micky
wrote:

On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 09:48:31 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

That last one is the type I installed. Per my airflow
readings, it didn't do anything. IDK about the other
type, but this squirrel cage is useless.

I was born in January and my mother thought my bedroom was too cold, so
they had a booster fan put in the duct to my room. My mother was always
happy she did so. She's also the type who would have used a thermometer
to decide it was too cold and again after the fan went in.

I plan to go back to my home town next year. I could ask the current
owners what kind of fan it is. I'ts only been 66 years.

But I have always thought it was a fan with blades like airplane
propellers. I don't think squirrel cage fans were used, or used much,
in the 1940's.