Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Leaky Compression Sillcocks for Washing Machine. Any reason not to solder on Sillcocks?

sms posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Yesterday my tenants had a new washing machine delivered. The sillcocks
were leaking after they were turned off and back on the installer tried
to fix them but couldn't. So the tenant went and bought new ones but
could not get the compression sleeve off the pipe. I went over and then
I bought a compression sleeve puller at Lowe's
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=120988-943-03875. I
removed the old sleeves, cleaned the pipes with 00 steel wool, and put
on the new sillcocks with new sleeves.

I never knew they sold these as being used to remove the ferrules. No matter
what you do they gotta go and the pipe will be distorted and have to be cut.
Use whatever you feel comfortable with. Definitely install ball valves as
shut offs. They leaving the washing machine for you when they bug out?

--
Tekkie