PukeTarget

Default jet mini stand question

Hello Walker,
The distance between the bolts is 23 3/4 inches from center to center. You
should have enough bench for your Jet Mini.
By your post it sounds to me that you intend to push the capacity of your new
lathe to the max.
I have one of the original model(blue)Jet Mini lathes. It has served me well
however,
I only use the lathe for small items. Speed is the main detractor. At 500 rpm
(lowest speed) an out of round, unbalanced piece of wood does not have to meet
the capacity of the lathe to create out of control vibration and can be very
dangerous. I guess I am cautioning you(a novis turner) to please be careful
and not exceed the capacity of the lathe.
The lathe has a ten inch swing but it may not be wise to place a ten inch
diameter
turning blank of substantial mass between centers. Start small and work your
way up and use good common sense.
Good luck and safe turning.
Bill Sullivan
Fort Myers, FL