Posted to alt.home.repair
jamesgang jamesgang is offline

Default Natural Gas From House To Shed: Aboveground?

On Sunday, June 1, 2014 7:26:25 PM UTC-4, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Tony Hwang:

If I am in that situation, I'd have a free standing potable gas tank

placed next to gennie and don't forget to convert it for dual fuel use.

Easier solution than running pipe 50 feet long.

That's where I was going in the first place - until the thought of

above-ground came to mind.

Actually, I thought it might be *less* hazardous because a leak would

just dissipate into the air instead of maybe running along the

trench/side of the building and maybe into the building - which seems to

be the situation behind the few natural gas explosions in our area that

I have read about.

I would not be comfortable moving the gennie closer to the house because

of the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning.... nasty stuff....

So I guess, once I verify the cost, it's back to my original scheme of

storing/using propane in or behind the shed.

--

Pete Cresswell

You want to do something more dangerous to avoid something with almost no danger. They install practically all those emergency generators right next to the house.