Silvan

Default lathe mounting height...

AHilton wrote:

Are you planning to make items other than just pens or other things that
all you have to do is sit right in front of the lathe in one position? If

so, then forget sitting down unless you are forced to.

At this time, my primary interest lies with making very small detail parts
for wooden models, and eventually turning out chess sets. Maybe some
candlestick holders or something. I'm not planning any big work. OTOH,
I'm a virgin turner, so once I get hooked I might change views radically.

Wheels aren't a great idea either unless, as above, all you're going to do
is very light duty stuff like pens. Locking wheels are no better. They

No hard and fast ideas, but I'm envisioning some kind of stout, crank-down
feet that would get the wheels solidly off the floor.

going to be moving this thing in/out and quite a distance, then just forgo
the wheels and scoot it instead.

Too hard to scoot something that heavy. No two floorboards in my shop are
in the same plane, and it's covered with cheesy green astroturf. I'm going
to rip out the floor soon and do something else, but that's a project for
spring.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/