Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Natural Gas From House To Shed: Aboveground?

wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 19:26:25 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Tony Hwang:
If I am in that situation, I'd have a free standing potable gas tank
placed next to gennie and don't forget to convert it for dual fuel use.
Easier solution than running pipe 50 feet long.

That's where I was going in the first place - until the thought of
above-ground came to mind.

Actually, I thought it might be *less* hazardous because a leak would
just dissipate into the air instead of maybe running along the
trench/side of the building and maybe into the building - which seems to
be the situation behind the few natural gas explosions in our area that
I have read about.

I would not be comfortable moving the gennie closer to the house because
of the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning.... nasty stuff....

So I guess, once I verify the cost, it's back to my original scheme of
storing/using propane in or behind the shed.

CO poisoning in the house with the genset running on natural gas even
20 feet from the house is a REAL long shot!!!

Hi,
Closer home, Noise issue is more than CO poisoning.