Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Soft toilet seat.

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 23:15:15 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

This is why I like to rent! Sure you don't get a lot of options but
you also don't have to fix anything. And unless I win the lottery or
something, I'll never have my dream home. I just have to keep the one I
have from falling apart.

I've never rented. Bought my first house when I was 20 and single, got
married a few months later. If you rent, you still pay for repairs as
part of the rent, but have no choice in anything. My house is the way I
want it and all good quality fixtures and appliances. The house is paid
for so I'm living cheaper with only taxes and insurance. Makes retirement
easier when I finally decide to.

Yes, you do but all you have to do is call the landlord. And if you have a
good one, he or she will take care of it.

I know plenty of landlords and people that rant. In my bathroom, we
wanted Kohler faucets, brushed nickel. They are smooth operating and
should last a lifetime. At the plumbing supply they were $253.

We were at Lowe's last week and they had a faucet set for $69. They
felt like crap when you turned the handle. Guess which one a landlord
would buy?

Hi,
Smart landlord will buy the good one, El Cheapo, Scrooge land lord will
buy that crap.