Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default OT-Way to arrange my computer business

On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 01:59:30 +0000 (UTC), David LaRue
wrote:

Hello,

We use Acronis to back up and change systems at work. A DVD/CD and an
external drive are all you need. Why use the cloud when it can be local
and as simple as plugging in your archive to the usual or replacement
computer. I also use a external drive at home to archive the important
personal photos and business files.

I'm sure your familiar with backing up to external drives. Acronis can
image your entire system. You mentioned taking a half day to get back to
normal after a disaster. Acronis can cut that to about 20 minutes.

David

People seem to "enjoy" the reinstall process, Not me. Anymore.
Or maybe they don't want to figure out how to image.
I can restore my Win 7 machine in about 5 minutes, and did the same
with XP.
Acronis works, and so does free Macrium.
I use Ghost 15. For XP I used Ghost 3, which fits on floppy.
The OP can go here.
http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-re...e-macrium.html
Just ask.
Far as I know it works for XP too, but I left that behind.