Chuck

Default jet mini stand question

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:20:50 -0600, "Walker"
wrote:

I'm gonna be building a substantial
bench for it in the near future but need to be able to mount it to something
in the mean time.

I've been turning with my Jet mini for over 2 years now, turning
pieces as large (literally!) as you can fit on the lathe, IOW, about
14" long by about 9" in diameter, of green elm...probably 30-40 pounds
of wood. Never had the lathe fastened down and never had any problems
with it hopping away. It will vibrate from time to time, especially
if I have an unbalanced piece turning too fast. That's a hint to set
the speed lower.

Incidentally, the bench is wood, fastened to the floor and the wall,
so it can't add its own harmonics to the equation. Works okay so far,
and I turn almost every day.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com