Posted to alt.home.repair
hugbunney hugbunney is offline

Default What to do with an unused artisian well.

replying to David Martel , hugbunney wrote:
marte005 wrote:

bunney,
Isn't there a valve at the well head? Is the well leaking around the

well
head?

The well head sits in a small round depression filled with water and there
is always water squirting out from where a wire enters the head. The
surrounding area is mushy so I suspect that if the excess water should be
draining somewhere it's clogged and instead spreading along the entire
surface towards the river. Our property backs to a right of way for the
electric company who then backs to a small strip of river bank owned by a
conservation group. Walking to the river from the well I found a blue
hose. No idea what it is but it may be there to help siphon water to the
river. There's also a buried pvc pipe that sticks out over the river.
Again no idea what it is for exactly.