View Single Post
  #11   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster

Default Laptop battery not charging

Thanks.

I was abut to post about that, concerning a Gateway P series. I have a few of them. The batteries have not been abusede, but they really haven't been used. I only take the thing out once a month if that. both laptops we acctually do run, say perhaps 40 %, Not Charging in the tray icon.

Recently I took the one out and while I wasn't watching I guess it charged because instead of loike 40 %, is says 99 %. Or did. I just checked right now and it say 89 % Not Charging.

So these things learn to not bother charging the battery ?

Would we be better off just getting a can full of dry cells to run these things ? Ten C cells really would not cram my style. When I take it out i got a case (and this is a wide body bog screen, ans laptops go) with a cooler sitting underneath and aall kinds of other **** in there, USB drives, books, a charger of course. Damn right a real mouse, I can't stand those touchpads. A few blanl CD/DVDs, net cable, hmm. I should probably keep an audio cable in there as well eh ? sometimes I have the NTSC convertor in there as well so I can plug into a regular TV, but that is no longer all that useful. It was nice though to just be able to play a movie or whatever, when someone didn't have an HDTV.

But anyway, one of these dayds I might be in a situation where it is to my advantage to take a bus or rapid (the name we sue for something like the subway here) and it would be nice to have the laptop at least last the ride. But that is not now so it is not a big issue.