Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
micky micky is offline

Default What bug is this, deux

On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 19:34:40 -0500, "ChairMan" wrote:

micky wrote:
What bug is this? It looks like a Cheerio, but it's
medium dark
brown, and the circle isn't quite complete.

A robin has been eating a lot of them in my yard, right
after I mowed
it (the yard, not the robin).

I was able to get the running electic lawnmower** to within 6 feet of
the robin, before it hopped away. Then it went on the other side of
the lawnmower to another part I'd just mown. I guess the larvae were
up in the grass and didnt' have time to hide in the 5 minutes since I
mowed that part of the lawn.

**borrowed

no pic, but maybe a grub worm?

I thought it was a grub too, and I looked up grub and it didn't look
anything like it.

I think I have to look up "grub worm".

Okay, looked at in in Images. Wow, it's as long as a man's 3 milddle
fingers are wide. Much bigger, longer and fatter, than a cheerio.

But the point is still made. it's the larva of something.

Thanks.