Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Laptop battery not charging

On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 16:35:25 +0100, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote:

Oh, its an Acer Aspire E1 running Windows 8.
Gareth.

Many newer laptops/ultrabooks have a feature where the battery is only
charged to about 50-60%. Your description roughly describes how the
laptop operates when this feature is enabled. I recently delivered a
Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 with that feature as the "Battery MaxiMiser". If
the laptop is being used as a desktop replacement, where it's plugged
into the charger continuously, it's highly desireable to reduce the
charge level to about 50% to improve battery lifetime:
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries
I did some Googling on the Acer Aspire E1 but didn't find any
reference to such a feature. Look for some kind of battery manager
application running in the system tray.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D