Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default What to do with an unused artisian well.

On 6/1/2014 11:44 PM, hugbunney wrote:
We have an artisian well on our property that is no long in use but it has
water that continues to come out of it that is making a soggy mess in our
yard. Whatever the water should be doing or wherever it should be going ,
it's not. Can we stop the water from coming up or is there something else
we can do with the water?

Lot of stuff on the internet.
Probably depends on pressure of the aquifer.
Simple cap may do but I guess if it leaks around it, you may want to
fill it.
My well goes into the aquifer and must be pumped but folks at the bottom
of the hill have springs that cannot be capped and must be diverted and
pumped to keep basements dry.