Barry N. Turner

Default lathe mounting height...

It may not be a bad idea for you. But, I like to turn standing. I don't
even know if I could turn from a sitting position. It would be terribly
awkward for me. Make sure you try it before you build your table.

Barry

"Silvan" wrote in message
In tossing around ideas for how I'm going to fit the JET mini into my shop
without getting rid of anything, or inconveniencing myself too terribly,
I've been pondering something.

What if I build a low, heavy, wheeled table about 24" high or thereabouts,
such that I would always have to sit down to use the thing. If I did

that,
I could take advantage of wasted space at the center of the shop without
having to go elbow to elbow with it. I would still have to move it around
often, but it would just feel less claustrophobic.

Good idea, bad idea?

I'm not married to the concept if it's a bad idea, so don't try to spare

my
feelings. I'm just noodling. I gotta pick a plan soon and build a stand
so I'm ready to take it out and turn something at 12:01 AM on Christmas
morning.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/